Introduction on how to change Wifi name on iPhone and password
How to change Wifi name on iPhone and password can be done in various ways. You can use your phone or other devices such as computers to do this. The steps provided in this context demonstrate how to change Wifi name on iPhone and password. Feel free to refer to this simple walkthrough if needed.
Start whenever you’re ready to make changes to your Wi-Fi network information.
- Go to your iPhone settings-> Wi-Fi menu.
- If Wi-Fi is off, toggle the switch to turn Wi-Fi on and connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Once connected, tap the information icon next to your Wi-Fi network name. This will open network information, including your router’s IP address.
- Copy the IP address of your router.
- Then open your browser app (Safari, Chrome, etc.) on your iPhone.
- Enter or paste your router’s IP address into your browser’s search bar. After entering the correct IP address, press the enter key to be redirected to your router’s admin panel or security page. Here you will see various options.
- When prompted, enter your username and password in the appropriate fields on the router’s login page. If you are unsure, you can simply enter the default username and password admin. Or you can check on the bottom or back of your wireless router. The username and password of the router are usually written there. If this is not the case, contact your ISP or router manufacturer for the necessary information.
- After successfully logging into your router’s page, go to the Wi-Fi settings or something similar to this menu item. The login page or Wi-Fi security section will be different for each router.
- From there, you should see a text box or field that contains your current password. Edit or change the information recorded in this field, then click Apply, Update, or Save.
- Reboot the router to update the system and apply the new changes.
- Go back to the iPhone settings -> Wi-Fi menu, then toggle the Wi-Fi switch to turn off this feature, and then turn it back on. This will update your Wi-Fi connection.
- Allow to show all wireless networks and you should see that your Wi-Fi network name (SSID) has already been updated.
- Then tap to select and connect to your updated Wi-Fi network, then enter your new password when prompted.
If you are using a Netgear wireless router, you can also manage how to change Wifi name on iPhone and password using the Smart Wizard. Here’s how it works:
- Open an internet browser, then go to the routerlogin.net website.
- When prompted, enter the router’s username and password. Typically, the default username is admin and the password is password. If you’re unsure, check the back or bottom of your wireless router. The SSID and password information is usually written there.
- Under installation, click on wireless network settings.
- Change the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password.
- Write down the new changes and click the Apply button to save the changes.
- After applying the new changes, go back to the iPhone Settings -> Wi-Fi menu, then turn Wi-Fi off and on again.
- Select the updated wireless network, then enter the password to connect or connect.
If you encounter any error when trying how to change Wifi name on iPhone and password, or don’t see any option to change or edit your SSID and password, contact your ISP’s technical support for further assistance.
I hope this guide has helped you in one way or another on how to change Wifi name on iPhone. Please help us spread the word by sharing this post with friends or people who may also have similar issues. Thank you for reading!