Often, users need to delete their Google account to secure data on linked devices or switch to an alternative service. This article explains how to destroy Google account in a simple and safe way.
The user can delete their Google account at any time. However, the company does not guarantee the possibility of its restoration in the future. Deleting an account will lose all data and content associated with it, including emails, files, calendars, and photos. It will also be impossible to use those Google services that require authorization (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, or Google Play). Finally, the user will lose access to subscriptions and content purchased through this account on YouTube and Google Play.
Alternatively, the user can delete unnecessary services associated with his Google account.
How to remove a Google account from a computer
To delete your account, follow these steps:
- Open the Data & Privacy section of your Google Account
- Find “Manage data and privacy”
- Select “More options”, then – “What else can I do”
- Enter the email password, then an explanation will appear on deleting data with their statistics for each of the services and a recommendation for saving.
After that, all that remains is to confirm the deletion of the account – please note that in this case, the user will need to pay for all pending purchases.
How to Remove Google Account from Android Smartphone
To remove an account from an Android device, you need :
- In “Settings” click “Accounts”, and if this item is not there, you need to select “Users and accounts”
- Select the account you want to delete, click “Delete Account”
If there are no other Google accounts on the device, the user will be prompted to enter a PIN, password, or pattern for security purposes.
How to remove a Google account from an iOS device
There are several ways to remove your Google account from an iOS device. It all depends on how the user accesses the account (through the Gmail, Safari, or Mail application).
If you are using the Gmail app, then you need to:
- Open it;
- Select the menu “Manage accounts”\u003e “Edit”;
- Click “Delete” next to the account you want to delete, and then confirm your choice;
- Select “Done” in the upper left corner.
If the user is accessing their Google account through the Safari app, then they should:
- Open the application;
- Go to google.com ;
- Click on your profile icon in the upper right corner, select “Log out”;
- Click “Sign in” and then select “Sign in with a different account”;
- Click “Delete”, select the account you want to remove from the device and click “Finish”.
If a Google account is added to settings for use with the iPhone’s own mail app, then to remove it, you need to do the following:
- Open the “Settings” application;
- Scroll down to the “Passwords and Accounts” section and open it;
- In the list of all Google accounts and others, select the one you want to delete;
- Click “Delete account” at the bottom of the page, and then “Delete from my iPhone” in the window that appears.
How to recover a Google account
If your Google account was deleted recently, there is a chance that it can be recovered. In this case, the account can be used again to log into Gmail, Google Play, and other services.
To restore your account, you should :
- Go to the Google authorization page, enter the email or phone number that is linked to the account;
- Answer a few questions to verify your identity;
- Upon successful account recovery, you will need to create a new password, which should not match any of the old ones.
Google recommends that you restore your account from the same device and IP address that the host usually used. It is also advisable not to change the browser.