To prevent unauthorized access, I basically password-protect my PDF files. But once the content of the documents no longer requires secrecy, I decrypt the files to quickly access them. In this article, you’ll learn how to remove password from pdf in iPhone on your iPhone and iPad.
Until now, I have had to rely entirely on third-party apps to remove password protection from PDFs on my iPhone. However, the courtesy is a really smart hack, now I can do it without using them.
How to remove password from PDF in iPhone and iPad
- Step 1: Assuming your password-protected PDF is stored in the Files app on your iOS device. Go to the location and open it.
- Step 2: Now you need to enter the file password and click Go.
- Step 3: Next, we are going to make the application believe that we will be editing the file. Click on the markup icon in the upper right corner.
- Step 4: Then use the pencil icon or other comment tools to do something. Then click on the cancel button in the top right corner to get rid of the unwanted stuff.
- Step 5: Finally, click Done in the top left corner.
That’s all! You have successfully saved the PDF file without a password on your iOS device. In the future, you will be able to open the document without authentication.
This is it! Now let’s check another reliable way.
How to save PDF files without a password on iPhone or iPad using Scanbot App
You can use this application to not only decrypt but also encrypt PDF files. While the app is available for free, you will need to upgrade to the professional version ($6.99) if you want to use the password encryption feature.
Step 1: First of all, download Scanbot on your iOS device. Then install it as desired. (When asked to buy the pro version, drag the slider to Free and click Don’t Go Pro.)
Step 2: Next, open the Files app (or another app where you saved the document) and navigate to the PDF file whose password you want to remove.
Step 3: Then click on the “Share” button.
Step 4: Click on Copy to Scanbot on the sharing page.
Step 5: Click on the file. On the next screen, click Edit Pages at the bottom.
Step 6: Next, click on Decrypt on the pop-up window.
Step 7: Finally, enter the file password and click OK.
Note: at the end, click on the Cancel button in the top left corner to go back.
If you want to save the file to a favorite location or share it with others, click on the “Send” tab in the lower left corner. Then select your preferred option from the menu.
Now that you know the trick; use this to take control of your files. And if you find any other way to do it, don’t forget to share your advice with us.