This article offers a full guide on how to turn off announce notifications on your device.In iOS 15, Apple allows you to turn on notification notifications on connected AirPods. Without a doubt, this is a great feature, but we wouldn’t be surprised if some users find that it causes constant inconvenience. If you are one of those who want to disable message alerts on Airpods, here is how you can do it.
There are three ways to stop Airpods from announcing notifications on your iPhone: through Settings, Control Center, and even on your Apple Watch. Let’s take a look.
How to Turn Off Announce Notifications on AirPods Using Settings
First, open the Settings app on iOS and tap on Siri & Search.
On the next screen, turn on the “Announce Notifications” toggle at the top.
Now, toggle the “Headphones” toggle under “Notify when connected to” to the “ON” position to have Siri speak messages whenever you receive an important text or notification on your iPhone.
Alternatively, you can turn on the “CarPlay” option in the same section if you want Siri to announce incoming notifications while you’re driving. This will save you the time it used to take to manually tap the screen every time you received a text while driving.
Because the new Announcement Notifications feature allows you to respond to them hands-free, Apple turned off the Reply Without Confirmation toggle by default so that Siri repeats everything you just asked to be answered. However, you can enable this Reply Without Confirmation toggle to prevent Siri from popping up every time you ask it to compose a message.
How to Turn Off Announce Notifications on AirPods Using the Control Center
Apple offers an easy way to turn announcement notifications on or off, allowing you to toggle the feature on and off through the iPhone’s Control Center. But before we get to that, you first need to add the Announce Notifications shortcut to the Control Center. To do this, open the Settings app on iOS and select Control Center.
In the Control Center, scroll down the “More Controls” section and click the green “+” button next to the “Announce messages with Siri” option.
This will add an Announce Notifications shortcut to your Control Center. To access it:
- On an iPhone without a home button: Swipe down from the top right corner of the screen.
- On an iPhone with a home button: Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
When the Control Center appears, click on the “Announce messages with Siri” shortcut (the square icon marked with a waveform) that you added earlier. This will disable this feature and you will no longer receive notification notifications on your AirPods.
How to Turn Off Announce Notifications on AirPods Using Apple Watch
The method for turning off announcement notifications on the Apple Watch is similar to that on the iPhone, as both steps involve the Control Center. On Apple Watch, press and hold the bottom of the screen and open Control Center by swiping up on the screen.
In the Control Center, tap the waveform bell icon to disable the Notify option if it was enabled.
How to choose which apps you receive Siri ads from
Once you’ve enabled the “Announce Notifications” option in Settings, you can customize which apps you want to receive Siri announcements from individually.
On your iPhone
- To choose which apps you get ads from on your iPhone, open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to Siri & Search > Ad Notifications.
- On the Ad Notifications screen, scroll down and select the app you want to set up ads for in the Ad Notifications From section.
- On the next screen, turn on the “Announce notifications” option in each of the apps to only receive the notifications you’re interested in hearing.
On Apple Watch
- To choose which apps you receive ads from on your Apple Watch, open the Settings app.
- In settings, go to Siri > Announce Notifications.
- You should see a list of apps installed on your iPhone and watch. Click on the apps you want to receive sound notifications from.
That’s all there is to know about how Siri announces notifications on your iPhone.